Friday, July 31, 2009

The Cy Young Look

I have looked over the NL CY Young candidates to determine who to vote for already. Since I don't play against the AL pitchers, their accomplishments will have to determine my vote, maybe we need an AL reporter?. Anyway, I first looked at their ratings then to their accomplishments over the season. They all have one thing in common, they are power pitchers. Lastly I looked up their performance against my team.

Yamil Pulido looks to be the odds on favorite. Yamil doesn't like to pitch against the Indians by the way.

Tim Loewer has very good stats with a 17-2 record. But has a big flaw, he only pitches five innings at best, is this a sign of a CY Young pitcher? Seems to me I would vote for the Pirate pen first. I don't think so, Tim, sorry Chase.

Kent Heredia had his best ML season and deserves a lot of contemplation.

Paulie Sanders initially struck me kind of funny even being in the running. With a 15-7 record didn't look all that impressive. What one needs to know, he was traded to Trenton about 60 games into the season and his 15 starts (10-3) there were tremendous and one of the reasons they are the East division winners.

Ismael Azocar probably doesn't have the stats to win the award but of the other candidates was the best pitcher against the Indians.

Who had the best performance against the Indians? Pedro DeSoto with a complete game win, the only one that I can find. Oh wait, he isn't a power pitcher, what was I thinking.

For those of you that haven't figured out how to beat power pitchers, which you actually can't, they beat themselves. You have to turn their best weapon against them. The Indians probably have the best ND's vs wins of any team against the dominate power pitchers. The Indians win because they beat the pens.

No comments: