Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Push/Pull Update

For the most part, the Push/Pull rating is accurate. 63% of the time, my team hits to their push/pull rating as can be figured out from the box scores. After keeping track plotting the entire team for a while which becomes quite intensive and did it only til draft time as I stopped to do the draft review and house remodeling got in the way.

The only surprising thing was Home Runs as 60% of them tend to go to Center Field regardless of a players push/pull. Well I do have one that tends to hit them opposite field off Pesky Pole.

Now here is a funny tidbit though it would be better if it was a Timbit and coffee. I bought a new TV for the living room in the remodeling quest. Everything seemed to go wrong in this aspect in a way. I had a 60" projection TV that was 10 years old, takes up a big space and can only be placed in two inconvenient places and has been worked on several times during its illustrious career. Thank goodness for maintenance contracts as the parts cost more than the original cost of the tv I think. I bought a Sony Bravia to take its place, much smaller but fits the room and budget much better. Went to set it up and the cable box wouldn't power back on. So off to the cable company for a new box. Went to hook up the 5 pin monster of a cable and the pin labeling don't exactly match up. Had to call the cable company to get the new box synced anyway and asked them and they said the color codes should match up, well guess in a way it would have if their pin bank was in a single cluster and marked right in a way you can read it. So then I go to hook up the DVD player, another mess as on the old TV I could hook it into a three pin component slot. Not this time, only one special bank would work. All well and good almost, I need that bank for the Wii. Off to Wally World for a HDMI cable. Wouldn't you know it, there has been a run on HDMI cables lately so had to go to Radio Shack who only had two left. Now I am a proud owner of a HDMI cable that cost more than the DVD player but it works fantastically. Hopefully I don't run into any problems with the Wii when I get around to it. Why a Wii, ask the wife.

No comments: