Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Crystal Ball Picks Update

We are down to the LCS and it is time to look at my Crystal Ball picks at the beginning of the season. Funny how I can determine who will be in just by looking at one report and not even look at a teams roster. So. How did I do?

This is how I saw the AL at the beginning:
1. St. Louis Barracudas
2. Durham Bulls
3. Syracuse Sycamores
4. Anaheim Angels
5. Monterrey Corn Dogs
6. Detroit Detroit

Teams to fear: Las Vegas, Helena Hot Pockets, Austin Fightin' Armadillos, Dover Dung Beetles

Biggest prediction: The wild cards will have more wins than the #3 and #4 seeds.

What happened in the AL at the end:
Well, in the end it is St. Louis and Durham, so I must not have been far off. Syracuse ended up one game out in an unflattering East race. Detroit was the biggest disappointment as I thought they would have played better and Helena sneaking in was a big surprise. Almost got away with that wild card prediction also, lol.

This is how I saw the NL at the beginning:
1. Santa Fe Tard Parks
2. Cincinnati Reds
3. Atlanta Pork-N-Beans or Trenton Ball Hogs
4. Kansas City Royals
5. Chicago Cubs
6. Pittsburgh Pirates

Teams to fear: Oklahoma City Kevin Durants, San Antonio Stars, Cleveland Indians

Biggest prediction: Oklahoma City will win 70 games.

What happened in the NL at the end:
I really thought Santa Fe would be the #1 seed but still it is the Reds and Tards in the LCS. I couldn't make up my mind between Atlanta and Trenton, but an early injury in Atlanta may have spelled their doom. A lot of comments were made about the choice and placement of the Pirates and Cubs. In the end it was close and really right on the mark in essence. Okie City let me down by 4 games in the biggest prediction. The biggest surprise was the Texas Rangers and maybe Tarhorn07 should have been Manager of the Year in the NL.

Updates
The new updates will probably have no effect on the playoffs this season. Next season however could be a different ball game entirely. Will it actually have much effect at all? I have kept up with the forum and they seem to think so, but I really don't see that much of a change myself in all reality. To me the biggest thing is the power guys that carry a .250 average and hit 70+ homers will be a thing of the past, other than that I don't see anything that is really detrimental. I am not sure the proposed error rates will have that much of an effect in the end.

My Predictions
Who am I rooting for in the LCS? It is really too close to call in all reality but I like St Louis and Santa Fe in 6 games. I like Santa Fe to win it all. Why? If I use the same crystal ball method that is how it will turn out, but this is the playoffs and strange things happen. Did I just doom them both? Guess we will find out soon enough.

No comments: