Wednesday, March 3, 2010

With a Calculated Guess

First the AL where things might be easier. Well maybe.

AL North

The big thing here is whether the move from St. Louis to Minnesota is good or bad. Did Toronto solidify their team enough in the off season? Seattle is hard to judge at the moment and Detroit got better. But this is how I see it.

I am picking the Minnesota Twins by a smudge again, with Toronto in their hip pocket all season long. Seattle will contest this but I don't think they have the pitching/hitting to win on the road. Back to Detroit after a very dismal season in Toledo but it may not help.

AL East

This will be a fight between Boston and Syracuse and could come down to a dead heat. Look for Dover to be in contention but a close third again while Washington brings up the rear.

AL South

The heated rivalry gets hotter as it will be between Kansas City and Durham once again or maybe not. Believe it or not I pick Kansas City to rule the roost this season even in a new City and under new management. It is possible that Durham winds up in the cellar from my point of view with Tampa Bay and Austin fighting it out for 2nd.

AL West

This is still the most contentious division in the AL. I think Helena takes it this year with an above .500 record with Las Vegas, Anaheim and Omaha all tied for second.

This is how I see the playoffs at the beginning of the season.
1. Kansas City
2. Boston
3. Minnesota
4. Helena
5. Austin
6. Syracuse

NL North

The once toughest division in MLB is now left with Pittsburgh and perhaps another challenge from Chicago. Cincy and Milwaukee will fight it out for 3rd place.

NL East

Trenton is now in Philly but the scenery may change heavily in this division. The fight will be between Cleveland, Atlanta and Philly once again. Cleveland may have the best offense in the division and possibly the best defense in the NL but is the pitching up to the task? Will Atlanta find themselves in third where they think they belong? Will the Mets play wonderball this year? So I guess the scenery won't change that drastically except for the team on top. I like Cleveland myself, but that is prejudice speaking. Will all three make the playoffs? That would be a good bet to make.

NL South

Texas more or less bought a contender this season. Will it help? I think there could be some disappointment in the air as that was tried in real life and failed miserably, but this HBD! I think Florida remains the team on top but Texas a strong second with Houston and St. Louis rounding it out.

NL West

The big question, does Colorado win all its preseason games? If they do, will it be more than their home record in the regular season? Ok, enough poking fun aside. Believe it or not this division could really be topsy-turvy, especially how I am going to pick them. I like Vancouver this season followed by an annoying Salem's Lot. I actually pick Colorado to wind up in third if they behave themselves with Arizona last. Is that odd enough?

My best guess.

1. Pittsburgh
2. Florida
3. Cleveland
4. Vancouver
5. Texas
6. Philly

No comments: