Saturday, October 19, 2013

Best of Free Agency Moves

I had time to look over Free Agency moves this morning. Some of them I shook my head over.

Felipe Peralta gets my attention first because he belonged to me. I was a couple thousand short signing him last year and had no way to boost the bottom line to make it happen. He declined the paltry sum he was asking for when I had the chance and even went higher with no success.  I am not sure he is really worth the money San Diego paid for him though as his decline has got to slow down.

Ralph Jackson might be the best value pick for a Type A. Age and ratings are good. His stats seem shaky for some reason.
Wonder how he will do in Montreal.

Pat Hill was a great pick up for Memphis. Contract looks doable because of his age.

Washington did a great job securing the services of Luis Perez. Not sure about him playing 1B but I have seen worse.

Moises Valdes was another good value pick. Not an every day player anymore but can still get quite a few good AB's in with the Angels.

Einar Martin is another good value pick. Decent as a part time catcher and DH. Getting 400 AB's should help the Tigs.

Vasco Rivera was a good pick up. Not sure about it being in Cub land though. He tends to have up and down years, like Paris Hilton.


No comments: