Friday, April 27, 2012

Mets Post Draft Board


 How my top 11 looked before the draft:

1. P - I expect him to go in the first 5 picks.
2. P - I expect him to go in the first 5 picks.
3. SS - I expect him to go in the first 5 picks also.
4. 2B - I am hoping he is there at 21, but not sure, to me he is a top 16 pick at least.
5. 2B - I am hoping he is there at 21, but not sure, to me he is a top 16 pick at least.
6. P - Could be there at 21 but not holding my breath, another top 16 pick.
7. P - Should be there at 21, but I would rather get him with sandwich pick.
8. SS - Should be there with 21st pick and may move him up one.
9. P - Should be there at 21, to me a later first round pick.
10. SS - Should be there at 21, but should go as a later 1st rounder.
11. CF - Classified more of a sandwich pick to a 2nd rounder if you ask me. Ok, after looking things over  here I changed my mind and dropped him a spot.

1.  Fautino Lopez, P - Thought he was solid and was the number 1 pick.
2.  Flip Murra, P - I really figured he would be a top 5 pick but his bio may have dropped him. Still the number 9 pick by the Padres looks solid.
3.  Sammy Santana, SS - Maybe 3B is the best he could ever play but still a good hitter. Did his stock drop  to 11 and the Diablos due to the amount of pitchers and catchers taken early?
4.  Tomas Otanez, 2B - Bad base running skill but such good hitting skills for the lead off spot. Dropped in the draft to number 12 and the Beetles.
5.  Dean Venter, 2B - The Colonels took him at number 7. We can debate for a while which of the last two was a better pick.
6.  Esteban Bennett, P - The Brew Crew got there in the nick of time to scoop him up with the 20th pick. He would have been mine....waaah!
7.  Herb Jenkin, P - What can I say, he was the first "should"and the Mets got him at 21.
8.  Domingo Blanc, SS - Became a Sky Sucker with the 29th pick, he was kinda of an up and down player.
9.  William Galloway, P - Wow, he was still available with the 40th pick? Made my draft!
10.  Rondell Coomb, SS - The O's liked him and made him the 10th pick, too many issues for my liking.
11.  Mike Crowe, CF - Fell all the way to the second round to Frisco. Yeah, he did have some issues but I don't think falling that far was one of them.

There were a three or four more further down my board that went in first round, see how the scouts can make things up as they go.

No comments: