Monday, April 4, 2011

The Mets Opera

ACT VII Draft Revisited

With the 5th pick overall I was very hopeful that I could get my hands on a sure fire player to start building a franchise around. I was ecstatic at first glance that it would be rather easy, then reality set in as I pondered over those so-called great prospects. It looks to be a deep draft at least and coming up with three good players is a definite possibility. The way I see things happening I have about a 1 in 3 chance of selecting my #1 overall. I don't see him being selected #1 overall but maybe #2 or #3. My thinking is that I have a 99% chance for my #2 choice. With 3 picks in the top 75, chances are excellent they will come off the top 25 on my board.

Was really hoping for a catcher to build around but was sorely disappointed that none was worthy of a top 5 pick let alone one being in the top 25 on my board. At least adjusting the board wasn't difficult as it took me about 30 minutes.

No comments: