Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Player Awards

Well, I was gonna write about the AL finals versus the predictions but they just can't decide on a 5th and 6th seed yet. Such a mess that is, could wind up as a 4 way stop. If the Twinkies and Padres win it is simple they are in. A 3 or 4 way tie is too complicated to look up and decipher. According to kp though, the Padres must win it outright for them to go.

What I was originally going to write about before I was sidetracked by the AL mess was the NL player Awards. I thought it was pretty cut and dry until I started looking things over.

NL MVP - Greg Woods is superman this year, there is no denying it. Is top in Home Runs, RBIs, Hits and Average and not by a leetle bit either but a wide margin. He plays a mean 3B also, 8 plus plays and only 10 errors. I know a couple will vote for their own players in the NL, but he should win by a large margin.

NL Cy Young - Ivan the Terrible is at the top of the list. Yup, he had his normal season though I think maybe he might be just a little overworked. I have no qualms about voting for Megias as his stats look pretty good. I don't think Nixon is that great in all reality, just on a great team and reaps the benefits. Knotts stands up to the test by my standards, pitching in Houston with those stats make him really good. Loewer, I thought at first didn't have enough wins until I looked at the stats. On a decent team with a sub 1 WHIP and OAV and only gave up 8 dingers makes it a tough choice. I may wait to hear from the peanut gallery before I decide.

NL ROY - Yes, Henley had a great Rookie season and I will vote for him because he is mine. However, he just may have had the best season he will ever have, who knows, his abilities ain't that grand. Betemit is actually my choice, he looks to be a great all-a-round player for years to come if you ask me.

No comments: