Friday, February 17, 2012

Oddity

Wholck didn't like the odds makers likening of the Indians. To tell the truth I don't have a clue as to what is going to happen but I can offer this.

With 32 games to go all one has to do is look at the Mets schedule and despair that wreaks havoc. 11 games to go against the likes of Salem, Houston and Florida isn't very promising at all and that is one third of the games. That leaves 9 games against the division and more than likely must win games. Add in the 7 games against Arizona and 3 against Milwaukee which just happens to be the best of the below .500 teams. Plus I lost one of my better pitchers for most of the remainder of the season doesn't help either. You can see why my team is more confident about the situation than I am. Hmm, I wonder if there are some hidden confidence ratings we don't know about?

Oh BTW, the Phillies schedule is about as bad as mine. They have 11 remaining against Florida, Salem and Pittsburgh. 10 against the Reds and Mexico City. Doesn't leave much room for error there either. In my mind that puts them a few games up on the Mets.

The Indians on the other hand are in one of their tougher battles against Pittsburgh and only face Houston for 3 games later on. Other than the division it leaves a lot of room to make up 8 games. I think the odds makers see the schedule as a 20-12 split for the Indians and that give the odds a big boost in their favor. They also see the reverse for the Mets and Phils, OMG, don't tell me that makes a possible three-way split?

No comments: